Thursday, September 13, 2007

"I Am Legend"

I am a big fan of any book or movie about the apocalypse -- pre-apocalypse (Deep Impact, Armageddon), apocalpyse (The Day After, The Day After Tomorrow, Children of Men), or post-apocalypse (The Stand, On the Beach, Omega Man, Mad Max, The Postman, Red Dawn, A Canticle for Leibowitz, Oryx and Crake). Maybe this explains my interest in global warming, although I hope not. Anyway, this looks like a good upcoming movie: I Am Legend with Will Smith:



Kind of an Omega Man for the 21st century. Coming in December.

Sort of like Afterworld (afterworld.tv), which has some amazing animation.

Then there's this JJ Abrams film (project name Cloverfield, potential title Monstrous) that is being kept under wraps, which has one of the best trailers I have ever seen....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You mention some really great films that I am also a big fan of. 'Omega Man' was an adaptation of Richard Mathesons great novel from the 1950's called 'I am Legend'. As good as the film Omega Man was though it had to tack on a happy ending totally missing the point of the novel. Hopefully the newest adaptation will not make the same mistake.